Tuesday 14 November 2017

Adapting our Trading to the -S&P500- Market

The S&P500, shameless, continues its slow march to new Highs 

Did you know that every month, in the last year, the S&P500 hit a new all the time High? This is a constant uptrend, with no significant pullbacks. SInce November 2016, the highest drawdown of the S&P500 was 77 points in March 2017, but in the mean time, the Index moved from 2084 to 2597 points!



Isn't it enough to realize that the S&P500 is in uptrend? What do we need more? Some people contact me with always the same wrong questions: where do you think the uptrend will stop? Where we can open SHORT positions? Few people tell me: as long as the Market remains in uptrend, let's follow it! The trend is my friend.



When the Next Crash?

Every week I hear someone forecasting the imminent crash, but the US Stock Market keeps moving higher and higher. I did expect a drop from August, which started well, but the Market shut me up one month later. But I never said the uptrend was about to finish! Actually, I believe it is about to continue! Focus to the actual situation, the uptrend, not to something that is not real until it does not happen. Your opportunity is now!



How did we trade the S&P500 with our Subscribers?

With a very clear strategy, not even very hard to understand: the S&P500 is in uptrend, and we open LONG positions to follow it; one part of the investment remains always LONG, we do not touch it! There is no reason to touch it if the main structure of the uptrend does not change; we use the level at 2547 points to monitor any change of the structure. But the uptrend of the S&P500 is also very slow, and for this reason we are using another part of our investment to play with the Market, which means we buy in area 2570 Futures Points (December Contract), and we close it in area 2580 points (in the last three weeks we did it four times, and today we have bought again at 2470.25 Futures Points).



Summing up...

This is definitely NOT my favorite trading approach, because I like to follow swings in an active Market. But the Market has changed conditions, and I have to be wise enough to understand it. I had to adapt my trading to the Market, and it is going well now. I had some troubles to fit my trading to the actual Market, I have to be honest and say that. You know, we have a Trades Record, we do not hide ourselves when we have some troubles, because trading is also about dealing with unfavorable periods. If you are wise enough to suvive to them, I guess you are a good trader.

No comments:

Post a Comment